Sunday, January 10, 2010

The lack of article in Polish language

I've always had a thing about speaking correctly, ever since I was in primary school, and some of my friends also :) Call me a geek or a snob, but I can't help noticing mistakes in how people speak (although I admit that I myself make a lot of mistakes:P).
But it seemed unusual for me to notice the same mistake at almost all the Polish people I met and with whom I was talking in English, of course: they omitted or used badly the article in English. I couldn't understand that until I found out that there is no article in Polish. Believe it or not, this very hard language, that has different endings for nouns and adjectives in situations that ask for specific cases, doesn't have article.
Who knows what other rules and endings and exceptions there would be if Polish also had article :P

No comments:

Post a Comment